French Dog Writtles

It is currently Sat Aug 02, 2014 12:20 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: London Show Tomorrow Evening (20th April)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:43 am 

Alexis wrote:
The point is Babyshambles have existed with their current line up for longer than any of the other line ups. Therefore people have got used to it and come to value their input and view them as a group more so it feels like more of a loss this time.

But they have been relatively inactive for the past couple of years. I'm inclined to think that this was the line-up when many of the people posting here first came across the band and that's why it feels like a loss to (some of) them. Other people, who watched them come and now (seemingly) watch them go, might not be so bothered.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am 

robbieflash wrote:
I reckon everyone should just slow down with this...

Just wait for word with babybear, and such. I'm sure an end would not come off the back of this one gig.

Everyone just seems confused on all parts, including those involved.

The venue has been marketing the whole thing as Peter Doherty, so, could this not just be the band he has decided to use for today?
I mean, Pete talks alot of shit at gigs, whos to say he meant 'this is the new shambles lineup'?

Lets have some kind of word from the bigdogs before we jump to conclusions. I think we're all just as confused as each other.

I'm guessing that there will be nothing 'official' from Adrian - it is entirely possible that because of financial issues and what he has been saying publically about the people that run this site, that his pathetic ass has been banned once again. Or, alternatively, he realises what a horrible prick Peter is/is being, and the fact that he is a huge part of this and doesn't want to come on here and face everyone. I wouldn't either.

Drew and Adam have been massivel fucked over (I won't go into the loyalty they've shown to Peter down the years as it's already been mentioned) and Adrian has played a part in that. Yep, we've all been swindled. Can the last Babyshambles fan here please turn off the light?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:46 am 

Alexis wrote:
filthy007 wrote:
why would he joke,i told ppl on here 6 weeks ago shambles were finished,noone believed me,he's said in interviews 3 weeks ago that he's sacked adam and drew,so why's everyone so shocked
its ok saying they've been loyal,how many out there would be if they were getting 20%,plus everyone goes on like they're best mates,they aint,they are band mates,like work mates,at the end of the day,we only go to see peter,give it 6 months they will be forgotten about,just like pat,(which was 20 times more of a loss than adam and drew)and i must add,adam and drew were glad to see the back of pat,so what goes around comes around,it was never going to last forever :smt030

I didn't see your posts to either believe them or disbelieve them but what interviews did he say that in?

I wasn't a massive fan of him but loads of people on here still say they prefered Pat so I don't see how you can say he has been forgotten about.
The point is Babyshambles have existed with their current line up for longer than any of the other line ups. Therefore people have got used to it and come to value their input and view them as a group more so it feels like more of a loss this time.

in an interview in the manchester evening news,
i can say pat has been forgotten because nearly eveyone on here are crying because adam and drew have been sacked,because they've lasted longer,does that make it a better line up,i aint got used to mik and im sure most on here would prefer pat,
life goes on,they wont starve

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:47 am 
Resident Mozlover

No Judy Garland wrote:
Alexis wrote:

But they have been relatively inactive for the past couple of years. I'm inclined to think that this was the line-up when many of the people posting here first came across the band and that's why it feels like a loss to (some of) them. Other people, who watched them come and now (seemingly) watch them go, might not be so bothered.

Well if I'm honest I was speculating about how other people might feel. I've been around (though not on here) for a long time and I'm not that bothered. Like you I saw them in December and thought something was missing and wasn't sure where they were headed. I think Adam and Drew are great guys but I'm not really upset it will just take some getting used to. My main concern however is that I just can't see this new line up being any good. I know I have no evidence for that as of yet but it's just the way I feel about it.

Last edited by Alexis on Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:49 am 

shit it must be true .. FUCK

adams twitter - Cheers for the support all, am as confused as all??? Was looking forward to gigs/newrecordz. Headache! Need to smell a rose.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

My music
boot the grime of this world in the crotch dear

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:53 am 
Resident Mozlover

cariad wrote:
robbieflash wrote:
I reckon everyone should just slow down with this...

Just wait for word with babybear, and such. I'm sure an end would not come off the back of this one gig.

Everyone just seems confused on all parts, including those involved.

The venue has been marketing the whole thing as Peter Doherty, so, could this not just be the band he has decided to use for today?
I mean, Pete talks alot of shit at gigs, whos to say he meant 'this is the new shambles lineup'?

Lets have some kind of word from the bigdogs before we jump to conclusions. I think we're all just as confused as each other.

I'm guessing that there will be nothing 'official' from Adrian - it is entirely possible that because of financial issues and what he has been saying publically about the people that run this site, that his pathetic ass has been banned once again. Or, alternatively, he realises what a horrible prick Peter is/is being, and the fact that he is a huge part of this and doesn't want to come on here and face everyone. I wouldn't either.

Drew and Adam have been massivel fucked over (I won't go into the loyalty they've shown to Peter down the years as it's already been mentioned) and Adrian has played a part in that. Yep, we've all been swindled. Can the last Babyshambles fan here please turn off the light?

Sorry but I don't see how we have been swindled I don't recall any agreements that said that the current incarnation of babyshambles was permanent and we could expect nothing else. If Peter has indeed kicked them out without telling them then they have been fucked over but we haven't, we're not owed anything.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:02 pm 

Don't worry guys we still have Mik Whitnall. :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:07 pm 

LowJohnny wrote:

Surprised he didn't get Professor Rodent up on stage for a jam.

:lol: :lol: :s

.Pete: “But love’s welcome, whatever angle it comes from.”
Carl: “Even from behind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:17 pm 

mud lark wrote:
20? After the last couple of hollow shows?

you know, HE needs money
the last time i went to see him, i paid :smt017 ... 45 euros, so....

.Pete: “But love’s welcome, whatever angle it comes from.”
Carl: “Even from behind

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm 

pp-greengorse wrote:
how would you know?
"I just can't imagine Peter's sat down"
"it's unlikely his main reason"
how do you know? you assume peter just thinks of nothing.
pete wants change, let him have it.

I was just going on past experiences, look at when everything went wrong with the libs, Peter's head was all over the place and he was making foolish, drastic decisions. I'm in no way undermining his intelligence.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:57 pm 

:evil: What a cunt.

I don't understand.. I thought, when I heard he was sacking Adam and Drew, that it was because there would be no more Shambles.. but now he's hired two other guys? :s WHYYY?!

Don't care what anyone else says (e.g. of course they'd be loyal they're getting paid, you can't just have people in your band cos yours friend, etc. etc.). It's a really shitty thing to do. Argh!

http://www.ribtickling.tumblr.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:11 pm 

pp-greengorse wrote:
i can't see getting bent about adam. i know you all love him but this was the greatest punk band of all time,

You can't have listened to many punk bands to reach that conclusion. What is punk about Babyshambles? The fact the singer smashes bare drugs?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:15 pm 
be nice, she said

cariad wrote:
Can the last Babyshambles fan here please turn off the light?

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:30 pm 

steve wrote:
LiamT wrote:
i had to come back online when i heard this..what a load of shite

Don't stop there. Let it out, mate. Catharsis and all that! :(

sorry i'm no good at expressing anger! hahaha well its a bad move on peters part, but good luck to everyone in the future cause god knows Drew and Adam especially deserve it

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:58 pm 

steve wrote:
cariad wrote:
Can the last Babyshambles fan here please turn off the light?

:lol:

Babyshambles had been dying a slow death for years, to the point where any kind of shake up seems more interesting than keeping things as they were. <lights candle/peers through window>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 344 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 23  Next